Wednesday 29 January 2014

Self-Activity 1.4 - Myself as a Learner.

I learn slowly when a lot of reading is involved.
I learn quickly when I view documentary films.
I find learning easy when I am interested in the subject matter, when the instructor has an easy presence, and when they stimulate my thinking.
Learning in groups is not my method of choice.  I like to toss ideas around from many vantage points and this can be tedious in a group setting, not to mention lengthy.
Learning from books is challenging since I have a very active mind.  Staying focused is very difficult.
I learn well from someone who is enthusiastic, clearly knowledgeable, empathetic, and encourages critical thinking.
I enjoy learning when its something I'm interested in, when its intellectually stimulating and especially not mainstream topics.
I find learning difficult when when I'm not interested in the subject matter, and when heavy reading is the main source of information.


[UNESCO (1993)]

No comments:

Post a Comment