Sunday 23 February 2014

Development Psychology - Self Activity 1 - Who am I?

I am a 6'2" introvert with a gentle spirit. I spend a lot of time in though and thrive on intellectual conversations about philosophical ideas, the social and political constructs of the human existence, and the complexities of our universe.  I have increasingly liberal views that are juxtaposed with my conservative demeanor.  I've always loved music, but had a difficult time learning it, this has given me a desire to help others to learn and perhaps avoid some of the pitfalls I fell into.  I also have an interest in teaching as a way to help young people to grow in to responsible adults.  Having been a victim of bullying as a teen, I developed an affinity to the underdogs, and to those who are treated as outcasts in a group.  This has lead to me be very accepting of the difference we find existing among people everywhere - political beliefs, religions, customs, sexuality, race, they are all just varying aspects of the human condition.  The strength and determination of my mother in a single parent household demonstrated to me at a young age, just how much can be achieved if you are willing to work hard and push towards your dreams.  This lesson has kept me focused on my pursuits as a musician in the face of all difficulties.

No comments:

Post a Comment