Wednesday 1 May 2013

Module 3 Begins

As I venture into my second module of this course (Module 3) I have reflected briefly on Module 2.  Perhaps the two greatest lessons from that module for me were:

1.  Looking at ICT integration as playing a role in developing ICT skills in the students by having them interact with the technology as opposed to simply using ICT as a teaching tool for content delivery.  Thereby allowing students to be better equipped with skills for today's IT driven world while still focusing on the content of the curriculum.

2.  The importance of maintaining elements of spontaneous learning in education on a whole, and especially when integrating ICT.

I hope that Module 3 would help me to reinforce those concepts already learnt and help me to build upon them.

It will be a most challenging module in terms of time.  With the beginning of our VincyMas (carnival season), time will be a very precious - late night band rehearsals three nights a week plus performances, while teaching at two schools, teaching music outside of school and finding time to practice the trumpet and keep my chops in shape - then to do assignments.... whew!!!  Ok, breathe :)

Here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment